Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze


I've been cooking for a while now but it was very seldom. The last few weeks/months I have been wanting to bake all the time and for once I want to share it with others around. Food to me makes me happy and makes my day a whole lot better when things go wrong. Cooking or really baking is a stress reliever for me and I've found quite a few yummy recipes in the possess that I would like to share with you. I'm going to try to share with you each time I bake so you too can enjoy all the yummy-ness with your family. :] I'll have photos and stories behind each recipe to help the cooking easier.  So lets begin;

Today I am making:

 Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze

              by: Giada De Laurentiis (Foodnetwork)

                                  makes 44 cookeis


Ingredients: 
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 (15-once) container whole milk ricotta cheese (don't use low-fat cheese, it doesn't rise as well)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon. zested


Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon, zested


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F


Cookies:


In a medium bowl combine the flour,  baking powder , and salt. Set aside.


In a large bowl combine the butter and the sugar, Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in dry ingredients.


Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 20 minutes. 


Glaze:


Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie using the back of the spoon to spread. Let the glaze harden for 2 hours. Store in a air-lock container.


Note: I used my stand mixer and it worked out great. even for the "Stirring" part. I also used a Ice Cream scope and just baked them a bit longer, This made me only get about 26ish.  







No comments:

Post a Comment